The International Parking Community (IPC) is an Accredited Trade Association that continues to transform parking services and facilities in the best interests of car parking operators, parking authorities and motorists alike. Its success and dramatic growth in membership reflects its unwavering commitment to minimise confusion, maximise lawful parking practices and to provide a responsive, reliable and efficient service for all members.
The initial focus of The IPC was to provide operators of car parks on private land with clear legal guidance and support to encourage substantial service improvements for motorists. The association is now building on its success and experience with the introduction of a dedicated membership scheme for parking service providers in the public sector. This progressive move will, for the first time, provide local authorities with access to unprecedented guidance, legal insight, support and service benefits for improving compliance, operational efficiencies and revenue recovery and minimising investment risks.
The focus of the IPC is to provide effective and prompt solutions that will help to improve outcomes and service standards for local authorities. Considerable emphasis is given therefore to those issues and topical developments of greatest interest and concern to Council parking operations. Consequently, the IPC’s close working relationship with the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), the Department for Transport (DfT) and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) is of particular importance. So too is the association’s proactive approach for identifying and discussing key issues. As well as canvassing of opinions and monitoring the priorities of members, this includes extensive parliamentary lobbying, thought leadership and the direct engagement with all relevant regulatory authorities and consumer organisation.
Membership of The IPC will provide local authorities with unrivaled operational insight and a significant range of benefits:
- The opportunity to participate in dynamic quarterly discussions concerning on- and off-street Council parking facilities, trends and practices.
- Regular feedback and specific guidance on topical issues and an evolving regulatory landscape, with the opportunity to provide collective and persuasive input into prospective new legislation or modification of existing regulations.
- Direct access to The IPC’s ground-breaking online portal offering a wealth of useful materials and constantly updated advice.
- Preferential rates secured for suppliers of key services used by local authorities.
- Access to a dedicated tendering platform that simplifies and improves the efficiency of commissioning services from new suppliers, without compromising the procedural requirements of a formal tender.
- A quarterly newsletter with the latest advice and commentary on key industry topics.
All Councils joining The IPC before 31st March 2017 will receive their first 12 months membership for free (usually £500 plus vat) as well as the opportunity to play an active role in the initial activities and agenda of this important new resource for local government.
For more information on the benefits and how to join The IPC’s new local authority membership scheme, please email email@example.com