The International Parking Community (IPC) is a progressive DVLA Accredited Trade Association (ATA) representing parking operators from both the public and private sectors. The IPC is a trade association, and lobby group, for industry professionals.
The IPC currently has approximately 50% of the private parking industry as its members, along with a growing number of local authority and higher education providers.
More than just a trade association, the IPC facilitates training courses, through its Training & Development Academy (TDA), to help raise standards of professionalism across the parking industry.
The IPC also administers the Independent Appeals Service (IAS); an adjudication service for motorists seeking redress where a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) has been issued by a parking operator who is a member of the IPC's Accredited Operator Scheme (AOS). The IAS is the UK parking industry’s only appeals service overseen by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute under the under The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015.
IPC Membership Benefits
The IPC offers a number of benefits to organisations who are its members. Most importantly the IPC will listen, support and represent you and your organisation. All membership categories qualify for the following benefits.
- Access to the IPC website which includes a members’ directory providing a summary of your organisation, your services and a link to your website so that you can market yourself directly to IPC members and members of the public.
- Members only website section with access to extensive resources to aid the operation of your business.
- A dedicated group manager to support the needs of its members. Providing expertise and guidance to meet the requirements of your organisation.
- Access to IPC in house solicitor for legal advice and support.
- Use of the main IPC logo and the relevant IPC logo for your membership category (AOS, ASP, HE, LA, Compliance, Corporate and Corporate Plus) Enhance your credibility and show your support to the IPC in its work in developing and improving standards across the parking sector.
- Connect with other members and service providers within the parking industry to share information and experience
- The IPC has a very strong working relationship with the DVLA, with regular meetings and attendance at bi annual DVLA Operator Forum meetings.
- Representation with government. The CEO of the IPC sits on the government panel working towards the new single code of practice. This ensures that your voice will be heard through consistent engagement with government bodies working towards improvement in the industry.
- Your views will be heard by the IPC and can be used to change our lobbying approach.
- Receive industry updates and news via the monthly IPC News Bulletin. There are also opportunities to publish articles and contribute to the monthly IPC News Bulletin and opportunities to advertise your company in the monthly IPC News Bulletin.
- Continued professional development opportunities with a discounted rate on all Training and Development Academy.
- Range of alternative sponsorship and marketing opportunities to raise the profile of your business.
- Access to information about new and emerging innovations in technology affecting the parking industry.
- Promoting the adaptation of common standards and best practice.
- The IPC are increasing positive awareness of the parking industry through their ‘Know Your Rights’ ‘Get Your Reg Right’ and ‘Learner Driver’ campaigns.
- Attendance at the IPC’s Annual Conference which provides an opportunity to hear from leading experts in the parking industry and to network with other organisations involved in the parking industry.
What Membership Option is Right for my Organisation?
The IPC offers a range of membership options for organisations. The role your organisation plays within the parking industry will determine your membership type.
- Accredited Operator Scheme (AOS Member) - The AOS membership is for organisations who are issuing tickets, enforcing parking charges and who don not hold an AOS membership from another ATA. The cost of this membership is determined by your parking related turnover.
- Accredited Service Provider (ASP Member) - The ASP membership is for organisations who are involved in the recovery of parking charges. These organisations are not involved in the issuing of parking charges. The cost of this membership is determined by your parking related turnover.
- Compliance Member - The Compliance membership is for organisations who are issuing tickets and enforcing parking charges with another ATA but wish to use the IAS for issues in Scotland and assistance in complying with the ADR process.
- Corporate Member (issuing or enforcing tickets) - This membership is for organisations who are affiliated to another ATA for the issuing and enforcement of tickets and parking charges but wish to have access to the IPC and the benefits that membership will bring their organisation. The cost of this membership is determined by your parking related turnover.
- Corporate Member - The Corporate membership is for organisations whose business is involved directly or indirectly within the parking industry but who are not issuing or enforcing tickets and parking charges. This may range from technology suppliers, car park maintenance, uniforms, sign writers, stationary providers, alterative payment methods etc.
- Corporate Member Plus - The Corporate membership is for organisations whose business is involved directly or indirectly within the parking industry but who are not issuing or enforcing tickets and parking charges. The Corporate Membership Plus provides organisations with additional benefits to the standard Corporate Membership.
- Higher/Further Education Member - The Higher/Further Education membership is for higher education and further education providers such as Universities or Colleges who are managing parking on their land other than as an AOS Member (if enforcing through Parking Charges the AOS is the correct membership).
- Local Authority Member - The Local Authority membership is for local authorities who are managing on street and off street parking on public land.
Become a corporate member of an Accredited Trade Association
The IPC is seeking to raise the standards within the Parking Industry. You will as a corporate member of an Accredited Trade Association have the opportunity to get involved with policy decisions of the IPC Board in improving the way the parking operators industry develops by lobbying our Steering Group Members.
Invitation to attend the IPC’s Annual Members’ Conference.
Advertising and networking opportunities to our members
Invitation to network with a number of industry professionals and reduced rates to advertise your products on the IPC website. The IPC website includes a members’ directory providing a summary of your organisation, your services and a link to your website so that you can market yourself directly to other corporate members.
Use of the IPC logo on stationery as a corporate member
Enhance your credibility and show your support to the IPC in its work in developing and improving standards across the parking sector.
Access to the IPC monthly newsletter
Keep in touch with news topics within The IPC on how the industry is developing together with updates on the IAS appeals service.
Discount on training courses.
The IPC run a number of training courses throughout the year and offer a generous discount to corporate members.
IPC Vision Value and Purpose
We are passionate about supporting our members
We support diversity treating all fairly
We listen to our members' concerns and respond with clarity
We continually drive innovation for the benefit of the industry
We lead by example